Personal Information and Privacy
The Bruce Trail Conservancy (BTC) understands the sensitivity with which your personal information should be handled. The BTC is committed to safeguard your privacy in order to earn and maintain your trust, and uses best efforts to ensure that the information submitted to the BTC is used only for the purposes set forth herein or as otherwise communicated at the time personal information is provided.
The Toronto Club complies with the BTC Policy on Personal Information and Privacy
The Toronto Club receives membership information from the BTC on a regular basis. In addition, member information is collected when members register on the Club’s web site, and when they register for club activities. All such information collected by the Club is protected by the BTC Policy.
Use and disclosure
When personal information is collected, it may be used by the club for one or more of the following purposes:
· Processing volunteer applications.
· Contact to renew your membership or to support a Bruce Trail Conservancy appeal
· Contact to discuss the possibility of upgrading your giving level. ??
· Provide information updates by mail or email: hiking; social events; changes to trail conditions, etc.
· Contact for feedback and surveying needs in connection with the club website, Footnotes, the Volunteer program or membership satisfaction.
Links to other sites
There are links on the torontobrucetrailclub.org website that take you to other websites outside of our service. Any links provided to third party websites outside of torontobrucetrailclub.org are provided solely for your convenience. The Bruce Trail Conservancy is not responsible for the content of any linked website, any link contained in a linked website or any changes or updates to such websites. The inclusion of any link does not mean that the Bruce Trail Conservancy endorses that website.
Please be aware that the Bruce Trail Conservancy is not responsible for the privacy practices of other websites that we link to. We encourage you to read the privacy statements of each and every website that requests personal information from you.